1.1 This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of AlphablockZ Ventures a limited liability company registered in Hong Kong. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is AlphablockZ.
2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 We acknowledge and agree that any personal data may be processed or otherwise used by us solely to the extent required for the use of the Website, your attendance of our conference(s), the execution of your orders and the performance of any of your requests and in accordance with the applicable law on the protection of personal data. Personal data comprises any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial details like credit card or debit card numbers.
2.2 We collect, process and use the following information:
- Information you give us: We collect information you provide to us over the Website. This may include in particular your personal information, email address, payment details or other information uploaded by you (e.g. photos, texts etc.). Your Personal Data will be kept confidential and will only be used to complete the transaction, handle your attendance at our conference(s), send you our newsletter and/or provide you with other Website services.
- Information from other sources: We reserve the right to request information from third-parties (e.g. credit card information services) with regard to your payment behaviour in order to be able to offer you certain payment options.
- Once a payment is completed, all your financial details are erased again. We do not store any of this data.
- Automatic information: As soon as you visit the Website, we receive and save certain pieces of information, e.g. the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, web browser type and version, operating system, date and time of your visit, the websites you visit within our service and the website you came from if you visit our Website via a link from a third party website. We do this to learn more about your interests and to improve our Website and services.
3. Storage and retention of your information
3.1 If you would like to change, update or delete your personal information in our databases, you may do so through your account profile or by contacting our customer support. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain inaccurate or outdated personal information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you with our services or as otherwise required by law. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.2 Your personal data will be held and used by AlphablockZ, and any third party hosting provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and for analysing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
4. Transfer Of Data/Disclosure
4.2 We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data as we reasonably feel is necessary to protect our systems or business, including but not limited to complying with judicial orders or with government agencies or law enforcement officials to the extent the disclosure is in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Specifically, but without limitation, we reserve the right to disclose such information or documents when: (i) you are in violation of our Terms and Conditions; (ii) you partake (or are reasonably suspected of partaking) in any infringing or illegal activity, even without a warrant or other court order; (iii) in response to court and governmental orders, (iv) in response to allegations of infringement or illegality and (v) as otherwise required by applicable laws.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, AlphablockZ cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot accept any liability where the security of your Personal Information is compromised.
We, along with many other websites, make use of so-called “Cookies”. Cookies are small files that can be stored on your computer during visits to the Website. Cookies are used to facilitate your use of our services and to manage your visits. They enable our systems to recognise your browser and to offer you services, such as saving your shopping basket between visits to our Website. Cookies are solely saved on the computer you use while visiting our service. They are not stored on our systems.
The help function available in the menu bar of the majority of web browsers will explain how you can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, should you not wish to make use of the cookie functionality, how you tell your browser to inform you when you have received a new cookie or how to deactivate or delete received cookies. Some functions of our services may not be available if you set your browser to not accept cookies.
7. Third Party Websites